Teacher Garden Committee Purpose and Responsibilities
This committee supports academic achievement and promotes a healthy lifestyle for students at Silver City Elementary through the growth of a school garden.
- Create an outline of the project including a preliminary design idea, a proposed location, a construction timeline, a maintenance plan, a startup budget, an annual budget, and a fundraising strategy.
- Work with community partners and local county agencies to help support the garden.
- Enlist the help of the Grant Writing Committee to help raise funds for the project.
- Work with Cafeteria staff on what types of food to grow in the garden.
- Collaborate with administration on how to incorporate the garden into school curriculum.
- Collect ideas from the Teacher Advisory Council, Science Dept., and STEM Dept.